The "Meh" Edit

This is the line up of products that didn't have me rushing to snap a picture of them when applied or just left me feeling entirely underwhelmed. Bear in mind all of these products have been given a fair trial before they were sentenced to this post.

The first one may seem somewhat controversial but it's Benefit High Beam. Now this product isn't all bad but I find it hard to wear, the reason being when applied I find that the foundation under it breaks down and just doesn't look as nice as it did before I put on highlight. I can find ways to wear it for example on days when I'm not wearing foundation but my skin needs a little lift then it comes in handy! 

The prettiest pick of the bunch but arguably the most disappointing. Yes, I am talking about Barry M Nail Paint in Yellow. The Barry M nail range altogether has received a lot of hype over the past few months but this polish took an ungodly amount of time to dry and it is known that I am not the most patient person when it comes to nail polish drying so that immediately put me off this product but with the added disadvantage of my nails being stained yellow for days after removing it no matter how much base coat I applied it was surely a candidate for the bin.

This next one is ultimately my fault but the Sleek Face Form Palette was another product I was disappointed in. The only thing I could find wrong with this was that it was WAY too dark for me. While in the aisles of Superdrug searching for a new contouring product I stumbled across this palette and when I noticed they were out of "Light" I settled for "Medium" which was just as helpful as flushing £10 down the toilet. 

If I ever go to buy something on a whim someone should just take my hand and march me away from it because it never works out well. This is shown in this Claire's lipstick which is the scariest most horrific shade ever. It is a blue toned purple which does not flatter my skin tone or my eye colour but I could probably make the colour work with a pretty gloss if the formulation was even average but this lipstick does not apply evenly, it clings to dry patches on my lips and tastes dreadful.

I can't actually believe the next was a recommendation but the Rimmel The Max Bold Curves mascara was just not as good a the recomendee made it out to be. The wand has a bristle brush which I'm usually not a fan of because I don't feel like it grips all the lashes plus it is easily clumpy and smudges on me.

The last product of this edit is Mac Studio Fix Fluid. The colour match is perfect when it is just applied but leave it about 15 minutes and it has oxidized on my skin so much that it looks about 2 or 3 shades darker. It also breaks down around my oily T zone and no matter how much primer or setting powder I wear it doesn't last more than a few hours on my skin. 

That's it for my negative fest, I have to admit I quite enjoyed this little rant and sometimes it's nice to talk about products which aren't just as good too, you and I both know that not all products are worth the money.

Ray x

No comments:

Post a Comment